Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Vacation days are gone

I'm sad that my vacation is at an end, but look on the bright side, it means lotsa updates! Some quick notes and new year's resolutions!
  • The girl mesh, I think, is irriversibly fucked. It's run aground on a zbrush bug, where it doesn't properly mirror from one side to another, instead, it leaves crazy cracks and creases on the mesh. Its one thing I've run into before, and according to forum bitchings, there's no real way to fix it... It really sucks, but I think it's alright. It was really good practice, and that just means I'll have to do it again, which I'm alright with. I might tinker with it some more, to find a very obscure and crazy way of fixing it, but right now, no dice. Its one of those problems that the only solution I can think of is more annoying than just sucking it up and resculpting. Besides, it was great practice, lord knows I could use more of that.
  • Resolution time! I resolve to sculpt 12 characters/meshes this year, one for every month!
  • Resolution Dos! Resolving to fill a freaking sketchbook! IT SHOULDN'T BE THIS HARD.
See, if I do it right, I'll be concepting and drawing in the sketchbook, while modeling the last month's idea in zbrush. IT'S BRILLIANT, HOW CAN IT FAIL?! Oh yeah, laziness. I've seen 3d people who can draw though, so it DOES exist, and I want to get to that level. You know, have some useful Real Life artistic skills. That'd be super.

Tonight I plan on getting to work on some awesome sculpting. Who wants to take bets I'm going to be playing Viva Pinata or Bioshock, or rockin' out with my homeslice Strobel in our f'n awesome Rock Band KILLASAURUS HORSE?

5 comments:

Pirate Trish said...

killasaurus horse? Shit. I want your t-shirt bitch.

fork it!

then i can be all, this is how cool my foe is, imagine how much cooler I AM! (rhythmless thing that i am)

i'm not coming back

read my tattoo: you'll never take me alive!

Wes said...

My ASS you're not coming back. You'd better get over here so I have someone to foe against. I was all sad 'cause I had stuff to show you, and you WEREN'T THERE.

Strobel said...

Everyone wants our t-shirt, but they're only for our most hardcore of fans. And we've got close to a million of them nowadays.

Fayren said...

You better hold to your resolutions!! I'm on to you!! And in return you better make me stick to mine. Not that I've decided what they are yet or anything.

Thanks for talking me out of my shit-crazy ideas. I probably would've killed myself. Or more likely. Just never even tried.

Bobby Frye said...

you got nothing against the Redshirts bitch!

ok, that was a lie - I dont even have a game and if I did, you would be assured of a constantly mediocre performance from the Redshirts, as per the norm