Friday, January 11, 2008

Sketchbook officially started

That's right. I've officially started the sketchbook that I shall finish this year. It seems so far off, and the sketchbook is only 100 pages, so I might actually accomplish this goal. Trish says "It's really easy to finish a sketchbook, you pansy." I disagree, for whenever I try to fill up a sketchbook, I stop about 1/3 of the way through, for one of many reasons.
  1. I buy a really pretty sketchbook and I say "I can't fill up this beautiful things with my chickenscratch."
  2. I stop drawing 'cause motivation drops
  3. or work starts up
  4. or I hear those fateful lines "3d people don't need to draw" (LIES DAMMIT, I DO TOO NEED TO DRAW AND KNOW ANATOMICALS!)
But not this time, dammit. I'm going to finish it. I bought a decently sized, notexpensive, not flashy sketchbook, and I've started drawing again.

Unfortunately, I'm not showing you folks any of this sketchbook for a while. But I do ask for links to artists you find inspirational! I need to see the work of others, to figure out what I like about them and learn. So gimme what you got!

In 3d, I'm f'n around with zspheres and seeing about modeling in-zbrush. Fun :D

3 comments:

Fayren said...

*highfive* power to us who have never finished sketchbooks!! X)

I'm about a third of the way through my first of the year. \o/ I think this is the farthest in I've ever gotten into a sketchbook. >.>

I shall send you inspirations later. When I'm not at work. X3

Wes said...

yay! You're doing well then!! I am about 5 pages in, which is not terrible for me hahaha, but I'm looking at other people's stuff right now and experimenting with how they draw.

I am prettymuch starting over, for the 10th time haha, but I'm optimistic :D

Bobby Frye said...

yes you will draw! in face im going to force you too - if only to force myself to as well :D