Friday, March 7, 2008

Dominance War Update!

So I've been working on the dominance war a lot these past few days. Lots of concepting and such, but none of the concepts really called out to me for this contest. After about a week of fruitlessly drawing, I thought that I wanted to do a frog thief, so I rolled with that. Right now, the plan is for him to have a long, dynamic, bestudded tongue, be dressed in leather and such, and use a water cloak to hide himself IN THE SHADOWS. So that's what I'm doing. After doing some shitty concepts for it that looked like Rennesance Kermit the Frog, I decided to take a different path, make him more quasimodo. Since then, I made a basic anatomy study with zbrush and the clay brush, which I'm ACTUALLY WILLING TO SHOW.




The back still needs some work, as far as where the legs meet up with the torso, but I like his anatomy because its full of contrast. His legs are huge/waist is small/arms are huge/but not them all. That's my poem, btw.

Now I'm retopologizing, which is awesome but somehow boring at the same time. Looks like this.

And that's where we are now. I'm sculpting his mouth so that I can open it, put in a huge tongue with a few studs in.

No comments: